Friday, January 22, 2016

In this book, there are two different worlds. The place inside the blizzard is where he finds his brother. They fall in love during Kemmer, which is not considered normal. They find a mate, and no one knows whether they will be male or female, and they discover there gender during Kemmer. The law states they can stay partners in Kemmer but after that, they can no longer be together. They have to break up and have no long life partnerships. So, Getheren ran into his brother, and his brother tried to tell him to stay, but he insisted on moving forward, and not stopping there. In our world today, it does happen, but you rarely see two brothers falling in love with each other. It just isn't something people think of, and we consider it very uncommon. So, it is weird that you read about two brothers falling in love in the book, and to us, that is just very weird.

2 comments:

  1. I agree when I read about the two brothers falling in love I was a bit wierd for me. But it's true many people today don't fall in love with their brother. However many people do take longer to move on then others do so I understand that Gretheren wanted to move on and not look back. It's odd to me how the aliens can only be together for Kemering and then no longer be together after it has passed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree with this because when I read about the two brothers falling Inlove I felt like it was incest but in their world it's not considered wrong or out of the norm. This whole book in general is hard for me to grasp the concept because it's just hard to imagine a world with no gender and with the way they reproduce (kemmer).

    ReplyDelete