Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The Value of Friendship

I don't care how many friends you have, whether it's one or one-hundred, friendship is something of great value. But, what is a friend?
A friend can often be compared to a sibling. They care about you, they give you a hard time, they only want to see you happy, and you guys may not always agree, but you love each other unconditionally. I personally see friendship as the greatest value in life because of the way I've come to know it. I have 8  close friends that I see as brothers. My parents know all of them and we all agree that blood relation could not make us anymore closer than we already are. I've known some of them since I was in elementary school and some I just met a year ago, but I've realized that time is not a measurement of friendship: loyalty and love is.
I understand that maybe some of you see friendship differently and your take on it is just as good as mine, but I do feel that it is the most important aspect of my life. I've come to know friendship as more than just someone to eat lunch with at school. It's someone to keep you company when you're lonely. Someone to make you smile on your worst day because their happiness is a reflection of yours. There's so much to friendship on such a deep level that gives it unexplainable value. Don't take my word for it though; give me some feedback about what you think of friendship.
Thanks for reading. Yours truly,
Joe Emmsley

2 comments:

  1. I think friendships are a wonderful thing to have. We all need that someone to there to help motivate us, and help us when were at our worst. Friendships do last, I think it just depends on who you decide to fully invest your time in to better the friendship to earn each others trust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of friendship in the same way. If you don't see them as family, then are they truly your friends? I've known most of my close friends for most of my life and they are just as important to me as any real family member of mine. I like when you said "There's so much to friendship on such a deep level that it gives unexplainable value." Real friends pretty much know you better than your own parents because they see just about every side of you. Because of that, your relationship is on a much more deeper level than just a friendship. Other than your immediate family, You learn how to truly love and care for others through friendship.

    ReplyDelete