Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Why you always trollin ?





I think it's funny to me hearing the word "troll." When I hear the word troll for some reason I think of those hideous dolls in Toy Story that have brown skin and hair that just sticks up like static. However in this case we're talking about an internet troll. Internet trolls in my opinion are somewhat another name for internet bully. In this generation we use the slang "lurker," which is someone who has nothing better to do than just always stalk someone else's page trying to figure out what their up to. But in this case not many people in this society use trolling in a good way. They use trolling as a way to express their own opinions about other people but don't necessarily know the difference between an opinion and cyber bullying. When you are asked to give an open opinion about something you are required to give a honest opinion but in a respectful manner where no one will get hurt. Moreover that's not what people do today. Today people don't care about taking other human feelings into consideration when there being honest about something. Many cyber bullies use the internet to be able to use verbal abuse to hurt other people without having to come face to face with that person physically. Then there are some trolls that will go as low as possible on social media by attacking the victim by exposing their personal business to make the persons life miserable. For me personally my grandmother taught me that if someone strikes you on the left cheek, turn the right cheek as well. Now she's not saying that reoffering to being in a fight, what she meant was if someone hurts you do not seek revenge, simply forgive them and continue living. Majority of the time when people bully other students it's caused by lack of self confidence and jealousy. One of the role's I like to go by is "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all." Believe it or not it has made my life much easier, you should try it (:

1 comment:

  1. I thought of a troll being one of the hideous dolls too. I agree with you when you said people don't know the difference between cyber bullying and an opinion. Honestly people don't have respect or feelings for others and it's really sad. Most trolls don't have anything better to do than to sit behind a computer screen and cyber bully people. I also like what your grandmother taught you!

    ReplyDelete