Thursday, November 19, 2015

Trolls

A troll can be defined as a person who makes an online post to purposely offend someone else. Trolls like to cause emotional harm to other people and they enjoy stirring up drama. They're basically cyber bullies. I have been trolled on before. My sophomore year a girl that used to be my friend went on Twitter and posted all these mean and hateful things about me. Since we used to be best friends before, I had told her very personal things and she publicized everything and even made up lies that completely humiliated me. Her comments and posts were so horrible, I never imagined someone to say such mean things about me. I was lucky enough that this occurred over summer so when I started school most people had forgotten about it but it was still a terrible experience and I would never wish that upon someone else. I think trolls are troubled individuals who are self conscious or get bullied themselves. I hope that we can find a way to stop trolling or a way to ignore and avoid those hateful posts that they write. 

No comments:

Post a Comment