Friday, November 20, 2015

West's Impact

As we were reading Lindy West's article in class, I was honestly struck with emotion in so many levels. First of all, how can someone go so low to abuse a living human being's feelings. It made me sick reading the part where it said he created a fake profile of her dead dad. Immediately, I put that in perspectives of my own. I imagined if someone would do that to me with my grandpa. I thought about it and wondered what my actions would be. I think I'd react with anger and aggression rather than calm like Lindy West. I understand she has been dealing with hate for quite a while, but I don't understand how she managed to weigh self control over devastating emotions. This article proved that there are sick people out there willing to go as far as they can to hurt people. This just shows how society is losing its lack of civility. However, it also brings groups together to fight the problem away. You have your good and the bad. You may see something negative, but positive outcomes result to make a difference. I liked how she had confidence and will in her writing. It showed she had the determination to get her point across and stand behind her beliefs. Her passion is probably why I like this article so much. Honestly, emotional articles like these get to me when we read them in class. In a sense it open ups my mind more and makes me reevaluate my previous opinions and knowledge. Lindy West did an amazing job expressing her feelings in a professional matter and managed to take control of the reader's attention. Her writing has inspired me to go in a more connectable path. You want to be able to express yourself but to the extent of clarification and connection. All in all, this was West's impact on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment