Sunday, April 3, 2016

Practical

Of all the units we've covered so far, I would say that this is the most interesting one. In ERW, I understand that this class explores topics that are practical nowadays. What's not more practical than food? In the last unit, we have looked into the issue of anonymity. We get it; it's a problem that rose because of modern-day internet. But we are not thinking about it all the time unlike food. Essentially, we are the sum of the food we eat that constitutes our growth. Because of this unit, our attention is brought into the contents of the food we blindly take from our local market shelves. I'm pretty sure many of us are now becoming more aware of what is in we eat.

As eye-opening this unit is, we all still groan at each at the need for each of us to write a research paper. The process is definitely tough and frustrating. We all have our sources but the hard part is actually putting everything together to get your point across while making yourself sound clear. Not to mention we have to give credit for each fact written that was not of our prior knowledge. One thing I dislike is just not having enough information from a source. For myself, I really don't like the imbalance of information I receive from my sources.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the inconvenience Caleb, I have a few sources of my own, and I just feel like I'm not getting the complete image I thought I would have. I guess we can try to make the most of what we have, or try to include things that may not be as relevant and we can adjust our papers to make them more relevant. either way, I feel your struggle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. This is most interesting unit that we have done in erw. I am learning so much about food and now I pay more attention to what I eat. In some way the unit we are learning now is like the past units we learn new things about each topic that is helpful for the real world. A research paper is something no one looks forward to but it will help us through College. I look back and say this paper really prepared me for what I have to write in the future.

    ReplyDelete