Monday, October 19, 2015

Expectations

I've always been held to certain standard in my family. I'm used to that, no big deal. But now that I'm a senior its at an all time high. It just always seems like on top of being a good student, I have to watch what I do and say constantly. I've never been the type to shy away from a challenge but man this is tough. My coach has high standards for us as a varsity team, which she should. Every time it seems that I've made progress up the leadership ladder, I'm bogged down a couple steps. Believe me I know how to lead but it doesn't seem my coach sees that enough. I'm not by any means trying to throw myself a pity party, but in all honesty I feel like I deserve to be captain. Not to say that some of my other teammates don't but I feel like I would be just as good. (Okay I'm done complaining)  :)

I think that my start to senior year has been the best in my entire high school career. I'm surprisingly less lazy than I've been in recent years. My academic aspect is great but I'm also excited about all of the new people that I've started to. I love that our senior class is so much more united. Everything about our class is so positive and just a good vibe. You can tell how united we are because at football games our student section is full of seniors. Any school event is just better this year for some reason. I just love being at school, well not in class, but other than that school is pretty great.

Jessica Nwabuzor

2 comments:

  1. I think everything is supposed to be tougher this year, because everyone is preparing us for the real world. Trust me, I'm in the same boat as you, my dad yelled at me two weeks ago for not doing something (that wasn't even urgent). and then yelled at me again last week for doing it. Either way, I think this year with our senior class is going to be a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can completely relate to you Jess! Mainly because I'm in a sport as well. The coaches, teachers, staff, and even students hold us all to a certain standard that is a real challenge, but it isn't an unmanageable challenge. I think we can live up to it. That's the kind of lifestyle an athlete asks for. It's tough, but it's worth it. Keep it pushin :)

    ReplyDelete