Monday, October 19, 2015

Just yesterday

Just yesterday seems so far from today.
It seems as if just yesterday we came home from school and sat there eating junk food and talked for about an hour. About anything and everything in the world. 
Just yesterday you asked me to help you on your Spanish homework, and you helping me with my math.
Just yesterday you were threating the guy I had a crush on, telling him if he ever hurt me you guys were gonna have some problems.
Just yesterday you were the first one to tell me that "no love from a boy could ever compare to the love of family" and the first one to punk me into taking a spoonful of chilly powder, okay maybe that's my fault, but still...
Just yesterday, you told me not to cry when you left. That no matter what you'll still be with me, and if I ever needed you to just "talk" to you. 
But see the thing is, that was yesterday, and yesterday seems so far from today. 
Today I come home and I eat junk food by myself.
Today I ignore every guy that tries to "get close" with me 'cause "No love from a boy could ever compare to the love of family." Right? 
Today, I sit by your grave and think to myself, if I could change one thing from today is to go back to yesterday. 
But then again
Just yesterday, is so far from today...

1 comment: