Monday, October 19, 2015

My Hike

Something I love to do is write poetry and I fell in love with this art last year during my own struggles. I remember my junior year English teacher, Mr. Bacani, had us write some poems. Like I said, during the time I was in a rough stage and getting this off my chest helped me grow. Now I have a lot more writings thanks to this day. My goal is to write and write and write and hopefully relate to my peers. I want to help people leave their lows and get them back up to their peaks. It makes me happy that I've already touched the hearts of some of my friends through my poems and now I just want to continue that. Here is my very first poem. : 
My Hike
 Everyday I woke up so ungrateful about my life
Little did I know one day I’d be stabbed by a knife.
I never used to believe in pain
But that all changed on a rainy day.
My mom found out I kissed a girl
Who I thought was my world.
I adored everything about her
And my love for her grew bigger.
I tried convincing my family that she was the one
But that’s when Hell begun.
“You want to be known as a Goddamn queer?!
Or a faggot that walks in the streets?!”
They just made me want to disappear
And hide under my sheets.
I was addicted to this drug
That we all call “LOVE.”
But why did I love this person so much?
Maybe it was because I finally felt noticed.
Sadly, she was the one to put me at my lowest.
So I have my family hating me,
The love of my life cheating on me,
And my grandpa leaving me.
What the hell is going on?
I just want to be gone!
My grandpa is my best friend
I thought he’d stay till the end.
My girl wants me back so I give her another chance
I close my eyes for one second and she’s already in someone else’s pants.
I try to let people in
But they just shoot me down and win.
I don’t know what to do with myself anymore.
Just slam my head against a damn door!
I cry every night and cut the pain away
Hoping God will take me from this day.
If you know me, you know I have a big heart
Now you all know how I fell apart.
I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety
All this stupid pain led to a laparoscopy.
I’ve had this pain in my stomach for three years now
When they told me I needed surgery I said “Wow”
Turned out they found nothing
Not even a string.
I should’ve been happy
But I was so angry.
Life’s going on and I’m so confused
Every person I loved made me feel used.
Another guy comes through and maybe he’ll be the one.
But he said, “Nah sorry hun.”
I keep getting hurt and I don’t know why.
Then I realize life is a climb.
I went on a hike and struggled each step.
I trip, fall, and lose my breath.
Then it got a little bit easier
And my finish line became clearer.
Just kidding a rock gets in the way
Oh how I wished I’d rather be walking on Broadway.
This is like my life you know?
Not all bad, maybe a little glow.
Today I can say I’ve learned a lot about myself and others as well
And I came to a conclusion that my life isn’t all Hell.
I face challenges everyday
But now deal with them in a healthier way.
My journey is like a hike
And I may climb with only my feet or even a bike.
But when I get there I’ll sit
And say I’ve finally made it.

2 comments:

  1. I remember when you read this poem in bacani's last year Ronnie. Honestly, it was a very moving poem. I could literally feel the same emotions that you experienced in your troubling times by the way you illustrated them. I feel like poets these days really don't want to touch their audience on a personal level or help them understand what the poet is feeling. So, it's good to see that you want to be able to connect with your audience while you write such good poetry. It was a pleasure hearing your poem, and I hope you keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete