Monday, October 19, 2015

I Am A Senior (ooo ooo ooo)

During the first weekend of this month I applied to 5 out of the 8 colleges I would like to attend. After doing so, it was clear to me that this is really my last year of high school. It was sort of like an eye opener. I hadn't realized how close I was to being on my own. I started feeling scared; I was thinking to myself "How am I going to do this? I'm not prepared." I know I am one of many teens who felt this way, but somehow I felt as if my situation was different.
After speaking to some of my friends about how I had already applied to schools, I noticed that for once in my life I was on top of things; I wasn't as unprepared as I thought I was. Most of them had told me that they hadn't even started filling out applications yet and I had already completed and submitted 5!
Over the years I've become one of those people who tend to wait till the last minute to get things done. I always felt like things were a drag and I tried to avoid doing them for as long as possible.  However, this was one of the first things that I've done in a while without being forced to do so and I didn't wait till the last minute. I soon came to realize under all of my fear there was excitement. There is a whole world filled with new opportunities and new experiences waiting for me. As of today i have now applied to yet another college of my choice making it 6 out of the 8 colleges I would like to attend. Now, I have been extremely excited about the whole process; I can't want to submit my last 2 applications and later find out which colleges have accepted me.

No comments:

Post a Comment