Sunday, October 18, 2015

Lugubrious

A poem I wrote recently. Wasn't sure what to do with it and this blog is just about the only audience I have, so I decided to post it here. Questions, comments, and criticism are all welcome and appreciated.


----------------------------------------------


Falling
Into an abyss
Dark and deep, corrupting me

Dying
Alone and afraid
No one to save me from breaking slowly

Rotting
Inside and feeling
Every last ounce of its pain

Decomposing
Breaking down
Scrap and blood washed away by rain

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing.
    It's exactly how I feel in school right now Tyler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tyler, I could quite literally feel the oomph of this poem, I love the dark perspective on reality, it seems to be more realistic than the optimistic approach.

    ReplyDelete