Friday, December 4, 2015

Anonymity or Fear?

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."
                                                                                                           -Oscar Wilde
When I think of anonymity I think of phonies scared to handle responses. Anonymity is nothing but a way to hide yourself from being honest. This quote plays a great role toward society. In a more of a high school student's perspective, being fake is the most talked about trait about someone. "She called me this but won't come say it in my face." 'He told her this but he's really cheating on her with his best friend."  Not many people like owning up to the truth because they're more worried about the reaction than the damage already done. I do understand anonymity can be used because fear of judgement and other purposes, but my main concern is that it is used in negative situations. With that being said, to all the hurtful anonymous abusers, grow up, show up and own up.

Ronnie Gonzalez
per.5

No comments:

Post a Comment