Thursday, December 10, 2015

Shine Some Light on the Subject

Shine Some Light on The Subject...

Anonymity has been the basis of our classroom discussions/assignments for the past few weeks and it has definitely been a very informative section in the school year so far. At the beginning of this section, I had an understanding of what online anonymity was based off of experience through social media, and my opinion of it was not too positive. I had seen a lot of online anonymity go horribly wrong; from trolling to un-identifiable users, they have spread nothing but negativity to innocent social-media users. Moreover, my prior experience with anonymous users was not very good, to say the least. However, when we went deeper into analyzing anonymity, I began to realize the potential positive outcomes that if can produce. I've also gained more information on what an online troll is, as well as some positive things to do with online anonymity. This lesson was very productive and informative, and it was a pleasure to learn from. 

4 comments:

  1. good job!!!! Joe you always do great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also learned that anonymity can have positive outcomes and everything that comes from it is not negative.There are many who use the choice of being anonymous to speak valid and respectful thoughts without having to directly deal with any backlash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Joe and people don't always use anonymity in a negative way, like there are only certain people who use it to troll on other people. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Joe! I'm glad that you we're able to have a better understanding of anonymity. I agree with you that anonymity has some negative effects, but we shouldn't discount the positive effects that come from it as well. I think as a class, we've learned a lot from reading all these articles and we've developed a more mature point of view. I can't wait to see what you'll write in your final essay! Good job and good luck!

    ReplyDelete