Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Learning Lessons

Throughout my whole life I've never payed so much attention to anonymity as much as I have this passed month. Although I am around it so much, on my phone even here at school. For example, when we have homecoming ballots or we vote for ASB positions we don't know who voted for who. It's so effective because nobody's feelings get hurt with who did and didn't vote for you. In most situations I've learned that the whole anonymity thing is taken out of proportion. Everybody has the right to keep what they want a secret or not but when they automatically start to hurt someone else that's where people should draw the line.
I hope that many of us have learned a lot in this unit of Online and Anonymous. Now that we know and can acknowledge the harm it can do many of us can learn to manage it correctly. Being anonymous is a privilege we can have since our country allows us to do so and it's a great thing we need to not abuse it.

No comments:

Post a Comment