Thursday, December 10, 2015

The End of Anonymity?

If someone were to ask me about anonymity last year, I wouldn't have paid much attention to it, but reading all these articles its made me more clear to the subject and how wrong it is for people to harass others online. I think being online and anonymous just creates more problems for people since we don't know who the people are and majority of the people online just use it for the worst. In most of the articles we've read, all of them talk about the problems with anonymity. I think people turn to posting anonymous because they don't have the confidence to publicly say what they need to, so instead they go online and post anonymous. I'm sure there are some people who have had nothing but good feedback when posting online, but just think of how the people who constantly get harassed for voicing their opinions feel when they post something coming from the heart. If we could all just be nice to each other online, the anonymity would be more welcomed to people.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, if people would learn to use the whole anonymity technique correctly and appropriately it would be so much better. I hope now that after we have learned what it is, and what it can do to people everybody can have a better understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Mackenzie. However, I worry that people may never be mature enough to handle online anonymity without being so hateful or negative, but maybe that's just something that will change in the future. Who knows!

    ReplyDelete