Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Overwhelmed

I believe I can speak on behalf of most of the senior class taking ERW that this week is beyond stressful! It seems that all of a sudden a bunch of work has been piled on out of nowhere. Or is it really out of nowhere? The more I think about it, most of us have had a while to complete our vocabulary boxes, grammar packet, rhetorical précis, and even our chart for the seven articles in the notebook. So why is it that so many of us wait until the last minute to complete everything and then complain about having so much to do? When assignments are first given to us with a due date not too near in the future, it seems as if we have almost eternity to complete it. However, the next thing you know it's due in a couple days and we're thinking, "Oh shoot, I should have started a while ago."

Like many individuals say, "YOU are in charge of your happiness", I say, "WE are in charge of our stress level." It's quite too easy to slack off and procrastinate when several of us should be doing the exact opposite. Nonetheless, plenty of us students are involved with extra curricular activities and have a life of our own. We're told it's important to be well-rounded individuals at this age but all the supplemental things we do make it rather hard to keep up with all this work.

If you're feeling stressed, you're not alone! I have about a million and one things to do by Friday with so little time. You can push through all this! Now that this blog post is done, I should probably start my essay on anonymity. (Maybe you should start too if you haven't already). 

1 comment:

  1. Annalise, I feel your pain, girl! I tend to put things that are due farther away on the back burner and focus on things that are due sooner. Before I know it, the things I've put on the back burner are now requiring my full attention. Half of the things due this week, I could have accomplished over the weekend, but I can rarely bring myself to do them on my own time. The only thing acting light at the end of this stressful tunnel is knowing that Christmas break is right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete