Thursday, December 3, 2015

Is the A word bad?

When I hear the word anonymous I think of someone who likes to do whatever they want and not get caught because no one will ever know who did it. I think anonymity is something that can be a good thing but is often times taken for granted when it gets placed in the wrong hands. Too often people in this generation use anonymity to harass or humiliate enemies as a sign of revenge of some sort. When in reality they themselves are too afraid to stand up and speak their mind directly to the person they are trying to hurt. Today many people are quick to bring others down or talk smack on other people online and yet in person they go mute and have no form of communication when they come in contact. I am kind of neutral because most people that make themselves anonymous is doing it out of security but then you have other people that use it to cover their insecurities an mess with other peoples feelings. Then there's the thoughtful anonymous, for example if a guy likes a girl secretly he might send her flowers to make her day but not include his name. Those anonymous I support. Then there are others that use anonymous to make others feel bad, or to express their feelings about someone else due to their low self esteem to face the person indented to hurt. I believe if you're going to be anonymous be anonymous for the right reasons not to hide who you are just to hurt someone else, because in my opinion it makes you the criminal by trying to steal someone else's peace just because you don't have any.

Alexis Mora
Period 5

1 comment:

  1. I agree with some parts of your way of thinking of being anonymous but I wonder how being anonymous is a positive. In my opinion through personal experiences people who are anonymous are simply mean and through everything there wasn't one time where anyone was nice while being anonymous

    ReplyDelete