Friday, December 11, 2015

Dont judge an annon by its reputation



In all honesty never in my life have I ever considered really getting into detail of what the definition of "troll" really meant. To me I just thought it was someone who annoys everyone and is disliked by the community. However during this unit I began to get a more clear understanding as to what a troll is and how they run things on the internet. For me personally I get bothered when I see someone talking bad on someone else or trying to bring someone else down online while being anonymous. No one knows what the other person may or may not be going through but it isn't our business to try and ruin someone else's life just because we can't get ours together like we want to. Many people abuse and misuse the correct form of "trolling" and use it as a way to harass or bully someone else just because they know that their identity will never be known in public. People like that disgust me because It irritates me to see how heartless people can be toward others just because they feel good messing with their feelings. There is so many articles that speak on the negative sides of anonymity but it's rare to hear about the positive sides to it. Surprisingly due to all the negative in Anonymity there is also a positive outcome as well. There are  many websites that use anonymity to uplift others in special programs held for women and children of domestic violence or rape. They keep their identities a secret in order to feel some kind of security and be judged by what they say or what personal experiences they may have gone through. To me personally I totally support those kind of groups because they use anonymity for the good in the world as opposed to all the bad that people have written about. If everyone just uses anonymity the right way I don't think there will be any problem with having to taken that away.

Alexis Mora
Period 5

No comments:

Post a Comment