Friday, December 18, 2015

Why Do They Troll?

     Lately, I've been thinking, is it worth it to have a political discussion about those who are unable to, or are uncooperative when it comes to mature dialogue. These trolls trench through the Internet to slather those they choose to hate with insults and false slander. Whenever I have seen trolling in action, the aggressor can be anything from misinformed to hateful, and believe me, I see it in everywhere in Internet forums to the messaging systems on Social media sites like Facebook to Tumblr. Me having such access to these sites gives me a firsthand experience in some of the online hate speech perpetuated by these terrible people and I am appalled that another human being can treat another like that. What insights these people to hate those that they disagree with?
     If I had to think of what motivates hate, I'd have to stick with that this type of hate was taught or brought upon by tradition. When I think of a person who doesn't approve of somebody's life choice, I generally think of an older person due to their era in time teaching them what is right and what is wrong; so it would seem that anything beyond their comfort zone would be something they scathe upon and would want to distance themselves by speaking ill upon the topic. Imagine that if in the years passing that a new trend arises that even our generation of people do not truly condone, wouldn't there be a great many of us to disapprove of it, and wouldn't our offspring learn from us and those who disapprove may have children that grew to find an act abhorred? It is more of a question of understanding, rather than a question of interpretation. I could see a great many of my friends not being able to see a trend as something they would approve; even though they may be as progressive when it comes to social movements as they currently are, isn't there some fetish or perversion that they would find disgusting and horrid? Most definitely.
     Understand that only a few of us would grow upon the new generation of children and understand their perspectives, so of course a great many trolls would be spawned, we just have to control how many would be crafted.

No comments:

Post a Comment