Friday, December 4, 2015

The 1st round of playoffs for football we were going up against some rich boy school called Harvard West Lake. When coach bedell explained how low they thought about us; for example, calling us poor or that we're the ghetto, it's difficult to put in words how furious I was. During practice it was going as usual, going special teams then stretching, then defense but as soon as the offensive practice began it was starting to get cold and for some odd reason when ever I practice or play in the cold I am prone to getting an injury. As soon as team practice began, it's when the entire starting offensive team practices plays that we use during the game against a scout defense, I was getting ready to run a play but as soon as I ran a route I felt my hamstring pop. This wasn't the first time this has happened to me and I knew as soon as it popeed I wouldn't be able to play. I was doing my best to stretch, ice, and massage my hamstring but as a result my hamstring would hurt no matter what. Each day of practice i was very upset simply because I wasn't able to practice. When game day finally came I had the mentality that I was able to play but as soon as I got to the field to warm up my hamstring was hurting so much it was hurting to the point where I couldn't even run. As I told coach of what was going on with my hamstring I was trying to hold in my tears because I was think "what if this is my last game that I'll be able to play with my brothers. " Even all my coaches we coming to me and asking if I could play and I said no and it made me very mad that I couldn't play. My offensive coach took me to the side and said "this will possibly be your last game, are you sure you can't play" and when I told him "no" something inside me broke because I went to the bench to sit down and I was trying to hold in my tears. As the game finished I was just balling out in tears because I actually felt as if it was my fault for not playing and getting injured. Even till this day it haunts me that I wasn't able to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment