Friday, December 11, 2015

Don't Hide

People speak louder behind a mask and they do this because they won’t essentially be judged directly. They feel more comfortable to say whatever they want because they are untouchable by the words that they say. It’s understandable but it’s more immature. Not many people like owning up to the truth and that creates these masks. However, this hidden attribute creates a bigger issue. I do understand anonymity can be used because fear of judgement and other purposes, but my main concern is that it is used in negative situations. Reading West’s story broke my heart and appalled me to even think that there are cruel enough people in this world to commit such hateful actions. I understand that it is a form of bullying and the bully may use this as an escape, but what I don’t understand is why they don’t realize they are causing damage.  Not many people like owning up to the truth because they're more worried about the reaction than the damage already done. If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment