Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Help me, fellow ERWians!

So far, I have done my research on how planting and growing our own foods can benefit our mental and physical health. I have research involving "Gangster Gardener", Ron Finley who grew up in South LA and decided to plant in vacant lots throughout the city. I began using the Victory Gardens as reference as well. In World War II, people began to plant fruits and vegetables to get through the food shortages, and to help contribute to need of the items they were planting. Also, Roger Doiron, the TedTalks speaker of "My Subversive (garden) Plot", discusses how gardening our own foods can help us to take our diet back into our own hands. The government has taken so much control over the farming and the way our farmers go about their farming ways, we rarely have control over what we are consuming. Doiron suggests this as a way of showing the government that we have control as well.

I am reaching out to my fellow classmates for help. I continue to vary what I am researching, only to come up with the same sources. Can any of you think of another source I may be able to include? It would be greatly appreciated. :)

2 comments:

  1. You're an amazing person Sarah. God bless your beautiful heart. You're greatness in life equates you're wonderful writing. Have a blessed day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah! I strongly agree with Joe! You're an amazing person with a wonderful personality :) If you have trouble sticking with a topic or you want to have variation, I suggest looking back at the Food Inc. questions. Food Inc. covers a lot of ground on the food industry and I helped it narrow down my choice. For sources you can utilize the SIRS search engine, I found it extremely helpful. Good look on your research and don't worry you'll do GREAT

    ReplyDelete