Tuesday, March 15, 2016

My research paper is based around theses two questions, "Why do consumers choose to ignore the way food is made knowing the flaws in the process? What will it take for them to do something about it?" This is not only a question I want to understand from others but also from myself. Every so often there is a big story breaking on the news were something negative about a food company revealed. We are informed about some sort of contamination or informed about how they were not truthful with the labeling. I myself, have learned a great deal about the food process over the years, from how our veggies are grown to how the animals raised for meat and more. However knowing the cruel, unethical, and unnatural process of it all, I have done nothing to make sure what I am eating is fresh or not full of GMOs. I care about what I eat but do I care enough? I had a discussion with a fellow ERW student from another class and she explained to me how she doesn't care what she eats and what's goes into her body. She doesn't want to know what's in her food and even after learning things from this topic, she will continue to not care about what she eats. After this discussion I began to think, "maybe this is how a lot of consumers think?" I know there people who take it very seriously about what goes into there bodies and make sure to only eat certain food that are are organically raised and grown, However the number of people who don't care enough out way the people who do.

No comments:

Post a Comment